- CaliBaja population of 6.5 million; labor force of 3.1 million.
- San Diego is home to world class universities – University of California, San Diego and San Diego State University. It is also home to dozens of private colleges and universities including University of San Diego, Alliant International University and Point Loma Nazarene University.
- San Diego one of top 20 “smartest cities” according to the Daily Beast.
- Imperial County hosts satellite campuses of the University of California, San Diego and San Diego State University.
- More than 13,000 highly skilled personnel are employed in Baja CA’s aerospace industry.
- Baja CA surpasses all other Mexican states with biggest investments in aerospace education. The Autonomous University of Baja California and the CETYS University provide trained personnel to Baja CA’s aerospace industry.
- San Diego County total population: 3,095,313
- Imperial County total population: 166,884
- Baja California total population: 3,155,100
Workforce Centers throughout CaliBaja serve job seekers, employers and employees by providing a wide array of employment and training services. The three largest Baja, California metropolitan areas of Tijuana, Mexicali and Ensenada
have their own organizations engaged in Education-Enterprise linkage, the Comite de
Vinculacion Escuela Empresa, that interact with universities, high schools and companies to
design industry-specific workforce profiles.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership
The Workforce Partnership funds job training programs to meet the region's demand for qualified workers. Our funded partners include public and private agencies, local businesses, and educational institutions, all of which serve San Diego’s workforce with strategic planning programs targeted to aid job seekers and, ultimately, employers.
- Imperial County Workforce Development BoardThe Imperial County Workforce Development Board provides local employers with the resources and support they need to help meet their business goals. Our employment coordinators will work with you to develop a customized plan to address your particular business needs. Whether you need assistance with employee recruitment, training for new or incumbent workers, entrepreneurial guidance, or conference facilities, we are here to help. All services are provided at no cost.
- Imperial Valley Regional Occupational Program (IVROP)
The Imperial Valley Regional Occupational Program is dedicated to developing and providing quality training, career, technological, and educational services. These programs will meet the needs of all students empowering them to become successful contributing members of a global society.
- Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District
Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District provides The Division of Career Technical Education/Workforce Development offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs and courses which prepare students for careers, career upgrade and for transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College provides training programs to meet the region's demand for qualified workers. In the next decade, 90% of the fastest-growing occupations will require vocational or technical preparation. At MiraCosta College, you can get the skills you need to start a career in an industry in which you’re needed the most. MiraCosta offers job training as well as certificates of proficiency and achievement in a variety of disciplines - many of which you can complete in two years or less!
- Southwestern College
.The Center for Technical Education & Career Success (CTECS) is a specialized support services program for students enrolled in career technical education classes. CTECS, in collaboration with the Regional Occupational Program and the Women’s Resource Center, provides a comprehensive career technical education program. Career education programs include career technical education courses that enable students to acquire job skills or prepare for transfer to a four-year institution.
- Imperial Valley College
- San Diego Community College District (SDCCD)
SDCCD three campuses - City College, Mesa College and Miramar College - and a Continuing Education Program provides training certificates in a range of occupational training programs.
- Palomar Community College District
Palomar College Career, Technical and Extended Education Division is committed to "Preparing Today's Students for Tomorrow's Careers." The CTEE office is located at the Palomar College Main Campus, 1140 W. Mission Road, San Marcos, California 92069-1487, Building AA-134.
- Professional Development Academy
The California Community Colleges Economic and Workforce Development Program. The Professional Development Academy offers classes from Customer Appreciation to Conflict Management and Employment Law to Email Etiquette. The PDA also specializes in English as a Second Language courses geared toward specific industries. Training is offered at your local community college, at community centers, or right onsite at your business.
- State of California Employment Development Department (EDD)
The Employment Development Department's Workforce Services Branch provides a comprehensive range of employment and training services in partnership with state and local agencies and organizations through the One-Stop Career Center network system. The services offered benefit all job seekers including youth, veterans, and people with disabilities. The One-Stop Career Center network system also provides employers free assistance in finding and hiring skilled workers.
- Comite de Vinculacion de Mexicali
Liaison Committee of Mexicali -
Strives for excellence in education in our community by promoting the development of technology transfer between companies and school curricula, and encourages the development of pilot projects that lead to a substantial improvement in the quality of education for students at all levels. Work with ongoing training of employees productive enterprises, with the support of educational institutions.
University of California at San Diego (UCSD)
- University of California at San Diego (UCSD) ranked one of the premier in the United States.
- UCSD has over 56 research institutes directly associated.
San Diego State University (SDSU)
CSU San Marcos,
- University of San Diego (USD),
- Point Loma Nazarene University (PLNU)
National University is the second-largest private, nonprofit institution of higher education in California and 12th largest in the United States.
National University Leads California in Preparing Credentialed Teachers for 12th Consecutive Year.
National University Awarded Grant of $1,967,265 by U.S. Department of Education's Office of English Language Acquisition